Sunday, April 8, 2018

The Sun Is Always Warmer When You Can Feel It - Pt. 5


For me, running is about keeping myself entertained long enough to rack in some miles. 

The more bored I am, the shorter my run will be. 

The lack of running buddies has made me turn to solutions like Miller Woods

You don't even need music. The scenery is so capturing, coupled with the twists and turns of the trail. 
Just like my favorite organic breakfast cereal, no additives needed. 


I'm always looking for new places to run. New paths to try. 

So when I talked with my scheduler and found an opening Sunday morning at 7am in a city I had limited working geographical knowledge of, I took the chase.





My mother's rental car.






My goal was the Spruce Street Suspension Bridge that we had visited 2 days before. 

Several miles to the southwest of me, I decided to blaze my own trail using only my inferior understanding of maps, and my internal compass. 




The structure of the neighbourhood presented several problems with my plan. 

Heading in the general direction of the bridge worked well until all the dead-end cul-de-sacs popped up.

Not wanting to retrace my steps (Hebrews 10:39), I had to make a decision. 

It's California, right? So if I get caught running in someone's backyard, scaling up their fence, there's a good chance they won't shoot me, cause they're a left-wing gun-hating liberal wacko. 

No offence. 

But I figured I was safe. 

One foot on the step-stool, up over the fence. Dodge the plastic toys strewn about, one arm braced on the tree, I'm out. 

Now I just have a mountain to descend. 

One more mountain to cross, one more backyard to run through.






Finally hit the street.







After admitting to myself that my chances of stumbling across the Spruce Street Bridge were about as high as a crocheted bathtub being successful, I resorted to my GPS. 



Such a pro at this.








The assassin in black was waiting for me on the bridge. 





I advanced cautiously, and suddenly she spoke. 

"Umm... I hardly ever use Arora. It's possible, but I'm pretty sure. Into the fire! Do it again. Why not? WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGERRRRR. 
By the way, you probably.....my riddle."




Oooooook. 









The best way to throw an assassin off is by taking a different route home than the way you came. 

Which meant new backyards. 





It was a vacation. I'm pretty sure at any distance I would have felt accomplished. 


Powerful Sunday morning service, Frutas and Better Buzz.

Megan joined us on FaceTime.












These girls. Won't even let you fluff their hair.

You'll get attacked. 





When Bae calls at the restaurant...













SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig