Saturday, April 9, 2016

Here Comes The Big One Pt.1

I think it was Thursday morning, the 31st of March, that I started to get this feeling of....
of.....
Well, I couldn't exactly place the feeling. But what I came up with at the time was this:

"I feel like there are things getting ready to happen. Big things...like a whole West Coast Conference full of things. Two things I know--#1, that I'm not prepared for it, and #2, all this stuff that's going to happen, its going to all go down in a 48-hour time period."

That was my mental state as was getting ready for church Thursday night, knowing that in a few short hours, I would leave church, change my clothes, and roll down to the Innovate office to grab my work van, ladders, and tools, because it was wedding set up time. 

WAIT. WEDDING??? THAT WAS LIKE 5 MONTHS AWAY AND NOW IT'S HERE?? THIS IS CRAZY. 

Maybe I alone suffer from events sneaking up on me, or maybe it's because it was my brother, but I was clearly not ready. 

Jacob's Life Rules: The nice thing about life is that something inevitable doesn't delay its arrival because of a lack of planning. 

Not lack of planning on Sam's or Vanessa's part though. They did splendid. Half because of planning, and half because of who they had hanging the cotton picking lights in the gym. #teamjacob&luke


And everyone else. We had a lot of good help that I will not list because I will forget someone.



Billy the kid.



Sam, the groovy groom and Bro. Burton, Father of the Bride.



Luke, a true Innovator.




C'mon folks, who else has a printed out plan of how they want their tables set up for the reception?


Color coded and complete with legend for bullet point accuracy??
Thankfully I didn't have to try and figure all this table stuff out. I had a special job. Well actually me and Luke did. He was stuck with me most of the night.

We had to cover the 5 windows in our church gym with black table cloths so that the sunlight wouldn't stream in and ruin the cozy effect from all the lights.

I didn't get a picture specifically of the perfectly straightly mounted window covers, but they will get featured in later photos of the reception.


I had heard about this idea that Sam and Van had about stringing lights from each side of the gym to the other, and thought it was a pretty cool idea until they told me to make it happen. Having not majored in the phosphorus and scintillant hanging arts, it took some trial and error.

What can I say? Thank God for zipties. And nails. And other people's brilliant suggestions.

Started out like this...



And by the night of the wedding, it turned out like this...



Featuring window covers, lights, and beautiful table decorating. All the ladies involved really did a great job.



We ended that evening well after midnight, with good intentions of picking up in the morning where we left the night before. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig