Monday, September 4, 2017

PCC 2017 Pt. 3: It Happens Daily




By the time Caleb and I got to our Airbnb house that first night, everyone was in bed. 

But my mother hadn't retired before she finished round 1 of stocking up the place with food. 






We slept just like people who had spent the entire previous day flying, driving and eating Chipotle and MOD pizza. 



 In the morning, Maggy was up first thing and started breaking in the board games.





I went for a run on the beach before the AM service but didn't think to take any pictures until I was all through.






Elder Morton preached the morning service. 

And Bro. Saylor got a new pocket knife.

 Because Elder Morton asked to see his and when he saw it, he proclaimed that it was a woman's knife and gave Bro. Saylor his knife. 


And I was happy. 

Because you can't help but be happy when Elder Morton is preaching and handing out pocket knives.











Bernie's team received an award for cleanliness in the dorms. Hence the trophy.












We built messy creations at lunch, 







and watched a little basketball.


My scintillating Scrubs.




The guy's basketball game was pretty cool.....

And it was very entertaining listening to Sis. Huemenes yell at the guys whenever she thought they fouled her grandson during the game.




But when the GIRLS got out to play...


That was SOME playing. 

I'd never seen anything like it. 


Those girls gave it their all and what they lacked in skill they made up for it in pure determination. 


I seem to remember at a certain point in the game they let Slamdunk Sofia on the court and she took the ball away and as the Gospel of Mark would say, went straightway to the hoop. 

The facts elude me as to whether she made a backward hook shot from the 3-point line or an upside-down anti-vertical full body dunk, but whatever she did it went clean in. 


I was quite impressed. 





In the afternoon, we went to visit my Grandma and Auntie. 










We showed up to church early that night and had an amazing time with the saints of God. 

I don't remember many specific details about that night, but I do remember visiting the Marchbanks' trailer with Caleb after church was over.






It's a little unnerving when the people that are staying in the trailer aren't around, and neither are any immediate family......and someone knocks on the door. 

AND YOU FORGOT THE LOCK THE DOOR. 




Just a weak whispered prayer. 


When the girls showed up, we talked for awhile, then Stephanie and Sofia commenced to show us the right way to dip someone, should a waltz start to play at an inopportune moment and we were forced to be required to have such knowledge and technique already in our muscle memory.

They, of course, pulled it off with style. 

So I had to try it. 


My partner took hold of me and, with my body limp, I allowed myself to be hurled back, with the promise of being likewise hurled upright again. 

It never happened. 




Caleb and I, our backs slammed to the floor and the vacuum fell on my face.


It was less than a graceful moment.






We need more practice, ladies.


Just a little bit.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig